Tuesday, July 21, 2020

My Home Haven

At Home During the Quarantine Part 1

The General Community Quarantine literally started on my birthday this year. 

Feeling BORED on a daily basis is an understatement to describe how I feel. 

I knew I had to find ways to entertain myself and divert my attention away from negativity and at the same time stay alive until this Pandemic is over.

We are ordered to stay HOME, hence we will.  

And while I'm here I might as well make the most of it.


Let me tell you a story about...


The Brass Coffee Table

The first time I stepped into the house of my soon-to-be Mother-in-law I took notice of her brass center table.

 I knew right then that she has an impeccable taste when it comes to home decorating. 


Several years later after she passed, I saw the same  brass table now lacking in luster  tucked in one 

corner at my sister-in-law's  house.  I thought it's such a  shame to have such a beauty tucked away 

stripped of it's glory and hidden from everyone's eyes.


  Without shame I asked  Tip (my sis-in-law) if I can keep it instead and without hesitation she said YES!

This table has been with us for almost 20 years now.




What's on Top?


I have carefully selected few books and magazines to represent who we are as a family, well mostly  ME 


The Stack
  



Hubby's College Dorm Coffee Table Book



 BeadStyle Mag where my my bracelet was featured in the Readers Gallery Section


Cork Coaster I bought in Amsterdam

I also added a small plant in white and blue bowl and a potpourri in another bowl.

Isn't it something? To introduce who you are without uttering a single word it saves you time and gives good impression too that's why I keep it shiny with the help of  WD-40.


See, when you gather things you love and you see them often, it gives you a warm feeling inside. 

Staying at home for a long period of time isn't a bad idea after all.

See you on my next Blog!



Pls Like and Follow my New Facebook Page 











No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Featured Post

IMB on BeadStyle!

Aratilis/Eve's Garden Bracelet on BeadStyle Magazine 's  July 2013 issue. Thank You BeadStyle Magazine ! My Aratilis/E...