Monday, February 12, 2024

8 Ways to Get Through Love-less Valentine

"This is my song"  at the end of the caption was a smiley.  I giggled and clicked on the notification, to see the whole story.

My friend tagged me a Miley Cyrus's video clip,  at the Grammy,  singing "Flower".  I smiled imagining how Lee would have laughed while saying those words in front of me.   I believe every word of it and I believe she meant it wholeheartedly. 

I have watched that clip a couple of times in the past few days. They kept creeping on my social media accounts. I'm not really a Miley fan, but in that particular video, she was amazing, reminding me so much of Tina Turner.  And now that my soul-sistah resonates with it, the lyrics made even more sense.

It's two days before Valentine's Day.  Most await this love-ly day to celebrate with their respective romantic partners. Eager to profess their undying love for each other. Couples bask in a romantic ambiance, serenaded by romantic tunes,  a bouquet of roses in one arm. Imaginary paper heart cutouts raining as they dance slowly, locked in each other's eyes.

AAahhh, LOVE. It's heaven.

But what about those who aren't in a romantic relationship?  They can't skip the 14th or choose to die temporarily on that specific day and resurrect on the 15th.


Let's celebrate L-O-V-E by celebrating what we love

  1. .Renew your relationship with your coffee. Buy a new mug to show appreciation for the happiness coffee has given you over the years.




   2. Sing a love song to your furry baby.  He has been there for you on your highs and lows. He never left your side (especially when everyone else did).

3. Buy your favorite plant a new ceramic, decorative pot.  Your plants have been your source of oxygen every hour of every day of the year. They make you healthy (unlike some people who make you sick).






4. Change your bed covers. Put on the prettiest one. It has provided you with restful sleep each night. Go and snuggle 

5. You hear that bird every morning, don't you? You have memorized its tune. Draw your curtain and follow the sound until you discover how lovely the host is. Appreciate it deeper 

  6. That cracked wooden frame that you have been putting out for the next day? Commit to it and repair it. If you weren't able to repair your past relationship. In this one,  YOU CAN. 

7. Call Mom or Dad. Remember that you were born because of their love. Tell them how you appreciate them. Or maybe you can send them Flowers, too.

 


8. Call all your single friends and binge-watch feel-good movies on Netflix.  Ask them to bring anything edible and enjoy the day!


Romantic love isn't the only love to be celebrated on Valentines.  I know you know that already. I just want to give you a nudge and remind you, so..,

In case you need to hear/read it, let me be the one to tell you that, YOU ARE LOVED. Yes, I love you. 


Happy Valentine's Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Featured Post

IMB on BeadStyle!

Aratilis/Eve's Garden Bracelet on BeadStyle Magazine 's  July 2013 issue. Thank You BeadStyle Magazine ! My Aratilis/E...